Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hi

I'm new to blogging here. Well, I have a personal blogspot but I'm new to ana blogging. I'm not going to say my name because its super unique and no one can know I have an ED. I'm far from new to ana though. I've been ana, on and off, for as long as I can remember. I can recall being a little girl on vacation in Mexico, restricting my calories and sneaking into the gym because you were supposed to be 12 to get in. Ana has a huge old over my life. People who think you can't be ana on and off are totally wrong. Ana will always be there, lurking underneath, waiting for you weakest moment to strike at you. She is my dearest friend and my worst enemy, but I love her. And she is the biggest part of me. For the whole year, I have been embracing and rejecting and dancing a dangerous dance with her, gaining and losing and gaining and losing.
I'm not here to make you ana or to encourage anorexia, because I know the risks and consequences. I'm here for your support and because I need something to save me here. I just want to make it clear that ana is not a choice. Not for me. Ana is as much me as my arm or my stomach itself. And if you have a problem with that, or with my attempt at sanity, then leave. What brought you here in the first place?